AC CDC is supported in part through fees that cover the cost of executing custom data requests. A standard data request around a point or small area of interest costs $150 and includes:
1) Detailed observation data for all species of conservation concern known within 5 km of your area of interest (excepting a very few location-sensitive species for which location data could lead to illegal exploitation)
2) A list of location sensitive species of conservation concern known within 5 km of your area of interest
3) A list of all species of conservation concern known within 100 km of your area of interest
4) Information on protected and other managed natural areas within 5 km of your area of interest
5) Information on freshwater and marine fish, waterfowl, pelagic and colonial birds and marine mammals from databases separate from the main AC CDC database.
Other data requests are priced individually, with costs quoted before processing. Data request responses are typically completed within 7 business days, to a maximum of 14 business days during peak times of the season. We also offer an "ASAP" service (usually within 1-2 business days depending on staff availability) on data requests, available for 50% premium charge.
For more information about the data request process go to our About Our Data section.
Click here to submit a data request online
If you are unable to use our online portal, please see instructions below:
Data request via email
We also accept data request via email. For inquiries in the Maritimes please contact our AC CDC Data Requests Inbox and for inquiries in Newfoundland and Labrador contact Adam Durocher. Please use the following instructions for submiting a data request via email:
Instructions for submitting a data request
Set email subject header to: ACCDC DATA REQUEST: [studyarea] [prov] (ASAP?)
Please include the following information:
-ContactName Title Address Telephone Email (Website)
-Job or P.O. number for invoicing
-Study area: Name of nearest town or landscape feature
-Project: e.g. "culvert replacement", "commercial development"
-Map (jpg) AND Geocoordinates separated by comma:
|45 12 34,||65 12 34||123456.789,||4567890.123|
|45 12.3456,||65 12.3456|
|45 12 34.56,||65 12 34.56|
*Please note that the ACCDC will not be held responsible for issues arising from inaccurate coordinates provided to us. Please be as accurate as possible when submitting a request.